Heinz Field is committed to providing a memorable event day experience for all
our guests. Heinz Field and our promoters ask the guests
to assist in creating an enjoyable and safe environment. This 4 hour Fan Code of Conduct
Class is required of all guests who have been asked to leave the field for violations
of our "Code of Conduct and/or Alcohol Policy". Guests must return the
"certificate of completion" of this course before re-entry is permitted.
In short, the purpose of this online class is to educate our guests about the risks
of alcohol use, abuse, dependence and addiction as well as better understanding
the Code of Conduct of our field. The course is completely educational, and is
meant to be a positive learning experience. We want to create the safest possible
environment for our guests and we hope that this course will be an engaging learning
experience for you.
The Pittsburgh Steelers support the efforts of MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving). The total cost of the class is
with $50 of this course fee will go directly to the efforts of this national non-profit organization.
"The mission of MADD is to stop drunk driving, support the victims of this violent crime and prevent underage drinking."
Fan Conduct Class
This 4 hour class will cover the following topics:
- Introduction, purpose and benefits of Fan Conduct Class
- Stadium “Code of Conduct” (Failing to follow instruction of stadium personnel)
- Alcohol abuse and public intoxication (Intoxication or other signs of alcohol or substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior)
- What is disruptive fan behavior? (Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature)
- Gaining control of ourselves (Interference with the progress of the game, including throwing objects onto the field)
- Skills in improving empathy towards other fans
- Skills for becoming less impulsive and improving judgment
- Skills for better managing stress and learning new ways of staying in control during the game day experience
- Communication skills as prevention (Foul or abusive language or obscene gesture)
- Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans
- Smoking policies
- Review of stadium code of conduct and course skills
Click this link to review Heinz Field's "Guest Code of Conduct".